2600 Hospital Drive, Bonifay, Florida 32425
Monday - Friday: 8:00a.m. - 5:00p.m.
We pledge to make our motto- Caring hands, Caring heart, a part of every patient's experience.
What does a Respiratory Therapist do?
Respiratory therapists, also known as respiratory care practioners, provide treatment, evaluation, monitoring and management of patients with breathing disorders or cardiovascular problems.
All of the respiratory therapist employed at Doctors Memorial Hospital are licensed by the state of Florida and are required to obtain 24 hours of continuing education every two years with their license renewal.
Respiratory Services are provided in all care units at Doctors Memorial Hospital 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Which patient types commonly need Respiratory Therapy?
Those who often struggle with breathing difficulties include; accident victims, heart attack and stroke victims and people with asthma or emphysema.
Services provided include the following:
- Oxygen Therapy
- Periodic and Continuous Aerosol Therapy
- Incentive Spirometry
- Breathing exercises
- Chest Physiotherapy
- Sputum Induction and/or collection
- Mechanical Ventilation
- Pulse Oximetry
- Arterial Blood Gas
- Nasotracheal, Endotracheal, and Tracheostomy tube suctioning
- Electrocardiograph (EKG)
- Pulmonary Function Testing (PFT)
- Electroencephalograph (EEG)
- Tracheostomy care and teaching
- Arterial Line insertion and monitoring
- Holter Monitors
- Patient education regarding all aspects of respiratory care